Info - - CV - Gallery Representation - Contact
CANADA / USA
- BY LAND, BY SEA is By Rail + By Sea.
- By Rail looks at Canada and the United States along railways. I'm grateful to the the Canada Council for supporting this project.
- By Sea surveys the coastline perimeter of Canad and the States; the Canadian Forces Civilian Artist Program enabled me to vist the arctic.
- The Great Eastern considers China against the backdrop of railway expansion. It extends By Rail's inquiry into empire, infrastructure, and this historical moment. I'm grateful to the Canada Council and TIME for supporting this work.
- Zhongguo Ren 中国人 more or less means "Chinese people". Sony Canada generously facilitated this foray into quasi-portraiture.
- Anonymous Earthworks looks at incidental land art.
- Netscapes tennis courts, ping pong tables, beach volleyball and a badminton pit.
-At Leisure is an ongoing study of spaces for killing free time.
Pastoral is a nascent series of landscapes with animals.
2011 - Marseille is a nice place to spend an April. I'm grateful to Alexa Brunet for being an excellent host.
2010 - Winterthur Switzerland unfolds comfortably from neighbourhood to orchard to farm to factory and back. I was artist-in-residence at Villa Strauli there .
2009 - Rust Belt looks at how the built-environment of North America's industrial golden age is inhabiting the present.
2008 - Beijing is charming and vile and exotic and also rather ordinary. The generosity of Michiel Van Kuyen allowed me to visit.
2007 - London ON is The Forest City. It's between Toronto and Detroit on the banks of a Thames River.
2005 - Red Lake is a gold mining town in northwestern Ontario. It is also The Norseman Capital of the World.
2003-5 - Halifax has one of five second largest harbours in the world.
2003 - Vancouver began as a study of an "empty" city but evolved into a simple place portrait.
2001 - Bridgeworks depicts different architectureal eras referenced in the concrete understructures of Vancouver's bridges.
Interiors aren't something I shoot often, but I like these images I made for Toronto Life.
Dragon is about a monstrous struggle for levity. (2007).
Rock Balloon records frontman banter by the light of an infalted balloon. (2007).
Plaza looks at the pool in front of Kitchener ON's city hall, a site of drama and not. (2007)
Harbour Doubts is about Halifax's harbour, 1 of 5 second largest harbours in the world. (2005)
Stereoscapes is an excercise in metering the transition between day and nlight, and a platform for ukulele hotlicks. (2005)
Sad Fox depicts a fox pooping. It's a tender moment. (2006)
Flight Etc... looks at the choreography of traffic on Red Lake's Howey Bay. (2006).
I am very grateful for the support of these organizations.