- Readings - essays, articles, interviews, some blog postings
- CV - education, exhibitions, awards & prizes, talks, bibliography, collections
- Bio - from Canadian Art
- About - posted on LensCulture
- Contact - Stephen Bulger Gallery or email@example.com
CANADA / USA
- By Rail looks at Canada and the United States along their rail infrastructure. (2008)
- By Sea looks at Canada and the United States along their coastline perimeter. (2009 - 2011)
- By Rail and By Sea : Scott Conarroe (texts by Robert Bean and Simon Winchester); Black Dog Publishing, London UK 2014
- The Great Eastern considers China against the backdrop of a railway expansion that rivals America's Interstates in scope and intent. (2012 - ongoing)
- Zhongguo Ren 中国人 more or less means "Chinese people". It's a nod to Robert Frank's seminal cultural study "The Americans". (2012 - ongoing)
- Frontiere, Frontiera, Grenze looks at the movable borders Alps nations devised in response to glacial melting and watershed drift. (2013 - ongoing)
- Anonymous Earthworks looks at incidental land art. (ongoing)
- Netscapes tennis courts, ping pong tables, beach volleyball and a badminton pit. (ongoing)
-At Leisure looks at spaces for killing free time.
Pastoral is a nascent series of landscapes with animals.
2011 - Marseille is a nice place to spend an April. I'm grateful to Alexa Brunet for being an excellent host.
2010 - Winterthur Switzerland unfolds comfortably from neighbourhood to orchard to farm to factory and back. I was artist-in-residence at Villa Strauli there .
2009 - Rust Belt looks at how the built-environment of North America's industrial golden age is inhabiting the present.
2008 - Beijing is charming and vile and exotic and also rather ordinary. The generosity of Michiel Van Kuyen allowed me to visit.
2007 - London ON is The Forest City. It's between Toronto and Detroit on the banks of a Thames River.
2005 - Red Lake is a gold mining town in northwestern Ontario. It is also The Norseman Capital of the World.
2003-5 - Halifax has one of five second largest harbours in the world.
2003 - Vancouver began as a study of an "empty" city but evolved into a simple place portrait.
2001 - Bridgeworks depicts different architectureal eras referenced in the concrete understructures of Vancouver's bridges.
Interiors aren't something I shoot often, but I like these images I made for Toronto Life.
Dragon is about a monstrous struggle for levity. (2007).
Rock Balloon records frontman banter by the light of an infalted balloon. (2007).
Plaza looks at the pool in front of Kitchener ON's city hall, a site of drama and not. (2007)
Harbour Doubts is about Halifax's harbour, 1 of 5 second largest harbours in the world. (2005)
Stereoscapes is an excercise in metering the transition between day and nlight, and a platform for ukulele hotlicks. (2005)
Sad Fox depicts a fox pooping. It's a tender moment. (2006)
Flight Etc... looks at the choreography of traffic on Red Lake's Howey Bay. (2006).
I am very grateful for the support of these organizations.